These last few weeks have been filled with late nights working on my Kickstarter video that soon switched to late nights celebrating at the amount of pledges. Then once the elation settled I spent a few late nights stressing about all the people who are now expecting a book or painting. I need a chiropractor after the amount of hours I spent bending my head towards the computer. I seriously need to start working on reMIND again. Oh yeah, AND my tutorials. Sorry about that. I promise to get back on it… after the San Diego Comic Con. Yeah, sorry about that too.
Getting my pages finished is the first goal here and I’m happy to say that I spent last night working on the same page I’ve been working on for the last 3 weeks. Yeah, I know. I need to hurry because you want your book.
Let me take a moment to thank you all for your amazing support in all this. I am truly overwhelmed with the amount of money given to this project. At the time of this writing (Wednesday night), we only have $652 left to raise in pledges to hit my ultimate goal of $6000. At the rate we are going this should happen in a few days. What does this mean? Well, with the grant money of $5000 and the $6000 in pledges, we have reached the $11,000 price tag needed to print reMIND in it’s beautiful cloth binding. I thought this goal was a long way off and I never really thought about what I would do with any money over that amount. At this point I think it will go towards more books. I have a few other ideas that I’m thinking about as a special thank you to all the pledgers.
Anyway, since I don’t have a finely tuned post for this Thursday, I’ll substitute it with a few process pieces. Here are all the steps I took in getting to the finished piece of pages 68 and 69. Notice how the thumbnails didn’t have the first 3 frames of Cyrene at the top. I also had to adjust some of the frames to make room. During the sketch process I usually draw on tracing paper with a pen but this time I used a Prismacolor pencil for some reason. Sometimes I just feel like it I guess. The final lines where with a mechanical pencil as usual but as you can see I couldn’t figure out Sonja’s body very well so I fixed it up in Photoshop before the coloring process.