Art Contest! Vol:2
Starting today is a pin-up contest for reMIND Volume 2! The winner will be printed and credited in the reMIND Volume 2 book and win $150.
The last time I had this contest, I was blown away with the amount of pin-up’s submitted and on top of that I was blown away with the quality of the work. Hopefully by now you’ve seen reMIND Volume 1 (the book) to see just how good the pinup section was with art from high profile artists like Sam Kieth. This Volume will be the same with some amazing new artists already in place.
Anyone can enter a pinup to get a chance at seeing it in the printed book. Plus, every pinup that I get will be added to the pin-up gallery on this site with links back to your site. (Please send a banner along with your art so I can link back to you)
Here are some of the specifics for entering:
- The deadline in JUNE 30th, 2012.
- Page Dimensions are 7″ x 10.5″ at 300 dpi. Here is the direct link: http://www.remindblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Page_Template.jpg
- Please only send .jpg files. If you are chosen for the book I’ll request a full size .psd file later.
- Full color or Black and White (but your chances at print will probably be better with color)
- Digital or traditional as long as it’s TOTALLY RAD!
- It can be Victuals, Victuals in Robo-suit, Sonja, Lizard-man, or any of the character from reMIND. It could be ALL the characters too!
- Send a banner to your site along with your art so I can link back to you.
- Please send your pin-up to Jason@reMINDblog.com with PIN-UP SUBMISSION as the header.
- Must be rated PG… so I can look at it without my parents permission.
- Please consider the audience when creating a pinup for this site or the book. It should be for kids and adults to enjoy. I will not post anything that is inappropriate.
After the deadline has passed I will display all the pinups on this site and have an open vote to determine the top candidates. My wife and I will probably decide which one is the winner though. I’m sure I’m missing something so leave a comment with any questions you have. The winner will be required to send a high res .PSD or .TIF file so make sure you keep your master file. $150 will be rewarded to the winner after I collect the final file for print. That’s it!
Like everything else, this is a form of promotion so please send this to anyone who might be interested in submitting.
I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with this time!!!